Friday, July 30, 2010

Time for some updates, yes?

MANY APOLOGIES FOR THE LONG TIME DELAY SINCE MY LAST POST.

now that I've said that...

I am currently at the Clarion Hotel close to the Dublin Airport. My study abroad program ended on July 21, and my parents arrived in Dublin a day later. We have been traveling around together since then. To fill in some of the gaps (or the large gap):

On American Independence Day, Sunday July 4, our group got to watch the Leinster (one of the 4 provinces of Ireland) hurling final match between Kilkenny and Galway, which Kilkenny won. We learned later that the Kilkenny hurling team is one of the best in Ireland's history. If they win the all-Ireland final in September, they will be the best and most victorious team ever.

A couple days later, some friends and I discovered a really great Indian restaurant, Afsana, in the Temple Bar area. I took my parents back there a few days ago.

On Wednesday, I had the pleasure of meeting up with a few friends who graduated from TU a couple years ago - James and Eleanor Bailey. We went to the Turk's Head in Temple Bar, where I discovered Dublin's best fish n chips. We also watched Spain defeat Germany in the World Cup semifinal match. It was great to see Spaniards in the pubs and out on the streets of Dublin celebrating like there was no tomorrow.

The next weekend (Friday), the six new people and I headed out to Galway and checked in to Snoozles hostel. Some of them went to see the new Twilight movie (I did not go...), and the others and I found a restaurant that serves up some really fantastic crepes. The next day, we headed out in the morning on a bus tour of the Cliffs of Moher and surrounding area. The weather was a bit worse than the first time I went; it was raining for most of the tour, but the rain stopped temporarily when we were at the cliffs.

Before coming back to Dublin on Tuesday (no class Monday or Tuesday!), we ate at the crepe place one last time and then headed to bed. I, however, upon returning to my room at the hostel, discovered two cute French gals who were also staying there, and they invited me out into town. How could I refuse? and thus ended my last full day in Galway.

I have more stuff to post later. stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment